Junglemix junior(4 review)
Powdered drink for the growth and development of bones with calcium, magnesium, vitamins and orange juice. For children over 3 years old.
Did you know that 79% of preschool children is calcium deficient?
Calcium deficiency is becoming an increasingly common problem in children during their growth period. A research conducted in Slovenia has shown that 79% of preschool children does not reach the daily recommended intake of calcium.1 Girls are most frequently affected by calcium deficiency, since in a certain period of time they grow much faster than boys. During the growing up process, bones grow very quickly, therefore a higher intake of calcium than in adults is required for a correct development of bones,
Why choose Medex’s Junglemix junior?
Junglemix junior is a powdered drink for the healthy growth and development of bones of our youngest. It is recommended mainly because:
- it contains bioavailable minerals – calcium and magnesium;
- calcium and magnesium are in an optimal 2:1 ratio for an efficient absorption;
- it contains vitamins D3 and K2 which with their interaction contribute to a better calcium absorption,
- it is enriched with additional 10 vitamins for a comprehensive action;
- it has an excellent orange flavour;
- it has no artificial aromas, colourants and sweeteners
- it is packed in an attractive interactive packaging.
What are the signs of calcium deficiency?
A poor calcium intake in a longer period of time during growth can lead to lack of bone mineralisation and loss of bone density, which in the later period of life may increase the risk of osteoporosis developing. Studies have shown that a 10% increase of the highest bone mass when becoming an adult caused a 50% reduction of the risk of osteoporosis occurring in the later period of life.2 The body deals with calcium deficiency by drawing it from the bones and thus replacing part of the calcium that should be obtained through food or food supplement.
Calcium deficiency slows down bone growth and mineralisation during the growing up process, therefore it is very important that children consume it in sufficient quantities when growing up for an optimal development of bones and teeth. The issue, however, not only lies in insufficient consumption, but also in calcium absorption from the intestines into the blood and a correct calcium distribution in the body.
That is why particularly vitamin D, vitamin K and magnesium are of key importance.
Vitamin D3 and calcium level in blood
You must have already heard that vitamin D contributes to the normal function of the immune system. However, this is not the only role of vitamin D in our body. Vitamin D also contributes to normal blood calcium levels. The latter is particularly important in children. Namely, a good calcium absorption enables normal bone development and formation. According to studies conducted in Slovenia, preschool children achieve approximately 21% of the recommended daily intake of vitamin D.1 Vitamin D therefore enables calcium to better absorb from the intestines. Its action is even more effective in combination with other vitamins and minerals (e.g. magnesium) as opposed to calcium being consumed separately. Only 10-15% of calcium is absorbed without vitamin D.
Reference: NIJZ (2020) Reference values for daily energy intake
Vitamin K is important for children
Vitamin K ensures bone mineralisation. Bone mineralisation means that calcium successfully and sufficiently deposits into bones from blood. This is ensured by the osteocalcin protein, the activation of which is enabled by vitamin K. It is important that the correct form of vitamin K is selected.
Vitamin K exists in several forms. In plants it is present in the K1 form (phylloquinone) which absorbs poorly due to the presence of organic acids. In the body it mainly makes sure that blood coagulates correctly and does not affect the activation of osteocalcin. It is more appropriate in the K2 form (menaquinone) for the normal bone mineralization, and has also better absorption and is present in food of animal origin. This is why it is important that children get vitamin K2 in addition to the more broadly accessible vitamin K1.
Junglemix junior contains a patented micro-encapsulated form of vitamin K K2VITAL® Delta, which is better than other K2 forms on the market. It boasts high bioavailability and is most stable in exactly the products with added minerals, such as calcium and magnesium.
Interaction of Ca, Mg and vitamins D3 and K2
Magnesium and vitamin D help the body to efficiently absorb and use calcium. Magnesium converts vitamin D3 into an active form so that it may help calcium absorb into the intestine. Magnesium also stimulates the calcitonin hormone that preserves the bone structure and extracts calcium from the blood and soft tissues. Vitamin D3 increases calcium absorption from the intestine into the bloodstream, vitamin K2 ensures that calcium is efficiently distributed into the bones. A sufficient quantity of both minerals and vitamins is extremely important for the optimal consumption of calcium at all ages. Particularly for the youngest during their growing period.
High content of calcium and magnesium in Junglemix juniorJunglemix junior contains 30% of the recommended daily intake of calcium and 32% of the recommended daily intake of magnesium. When regularly consuming food with additional calcium and magnesium from Junglemix, your child will certainly receive a sufficient quantity of both these indispensable minerals.
Food supplements are not a substitute for a well-balanced and diverse diet. Vitamin supplements do not replace a healthy diet, but may ensure an additional daily intake of necessary vitamins and minerals that are much needed by our children.
The optimal calcium to magnesium ratio is 2:1Magnesium preserves calcium solubility and helps it transition through cell membranes. In this manner it ensures that calcium is being deposited in bones instead of soft tissues (heart, circulatory system). The calcium to magnesium ratio of 2:1 ensures the optimal absorption and preservation of the balance of both minerals in the body. That is why Junglemix junior contains 240 mg of calcium and 120 mg of magnesium.
Why is mineral bioavailability important?Mineral bioavailability is increased if calcium and magnesium salts are freely soluble in water. It is therefore of key importance that both salts in the food supplement are accessible in the appropriate form. Calcium comes in the organic form of calcium lactate and magnesium in the form of magnesium citrate, which are both very soluble in water.
How does Junglemix junior work?The Junglemix drink is a balanced combination of calcium, magnesium and vitamins for supporting strong bones, teeth and muscles:
- Calcium and vitamin D are necessary for the normal bone growth and development of children.
- Calcium is needed for the maintenance of normal teeth.
- Magnesium contributes to the maintenance of normal teeth, to a reduction of tiredness and fatigue and to normal psychological function.
- Magnesium and calcium contribute to normal muscle function.
- Vitamin D contributes to the normal function of the immune system of children and to normal blood calcium levels.
- Vitamin K contributes to the maintenance of healthy bones.
- Vitamins C, E and riboﬂavin contribute to the protection of cells from oxidative stress.
- Vitamin A contributes to the normal iron metabolism, to the maintenance of normal vision and normal function of the immune system. Vitamins B12 and B6 contribute to normal red blood cell formation.
- Thiamin contributes to the normal thyroid function.
- Niacin contributes to maintaining a healthy mucosa.
Junglemix junior is recommended to:
Who is Junglemix junior for?
- children over 3 years old and young people;
- children who do not/cannot consume certain food groups (milk and dairy products);
- children who do not eat or do not eat enough vegetables, fruit, fish;
- particularly in autumn and winter, when food is less rich with vitamins and minerals.
When during the day is consuming the drink recommended?We recommend drinking Junglemix junior before a meal. Junglemix junior in sachets with orange juice has an excellent taste. Pour the content of the sachet in a glass, and 100ml of water, stir and drink.
A creative stimulus with an interactive packagingJunglemix junior is adapted for children in terms of its content as well as its appearance. Each sachet represents an animal from the jungle and the first letter of its name. In this way, children may discover the animal kingdom, practice the alphabet or play with finger puppets every day. The internal side of the packaging has a hidden colouring page with a riddle which additionally encourages and stimulates the creativity of our youngest.
Junglemix junior - minerals and vitamins for the growth and development of children
Discovering animals, learning the alphabet, a fun colouring page and a product with plenty of combinations of quality vitamins and minerals necessary for the growth and development of children. All this can be found in the newest food supplement by Medex – Junglemix junior. Ensure that you get the optimal intake of vitamins and minerals in an interactive manner!
Do you have any more questions? Some of the most frequent are provided here.
Frequently asked questions
Calcium is one of the most important minerals in the human body, and is particularly important in the growing up process, since it affects the growth of bones and teeth. 99% of calcium is present in the form of calcium phosphate salts in bones and teeth, giving them strength and structure. On the other hand, calcium in bones serves as a reserve of calcium, in case it drops in bodily fluids.
1. What is the role of calcium in the organism?
The remaining 1% of calcium is found in blood, plasma, extra-cellular fluid, nervous system, heart, muscles in the form of calcium ions.
2. What is calcium absorption in the body?In children the absorption ranges from 50% to 60% and when growth stops this figure drops to 25%. If there is a lack of calcium in the body, absorption increases again.
Absorption may also be increased with vitamin D. Calcium preparations need to be dissolved for better absorption. Bioaccessibility generally increases if calcium is well dissolved. In Junglemix, calcium comes in the form of calcium lactate, which is bioaccessible.
3. What is the role of magnesium in the organism?Magnesium helps maintaining an ideal ratio between calcium and magnesium. Children and young people do not get sufficient amounts of magnesium due to a magnesium-poor diet, fast-paced lifestyle and irregular diet.
Our body is not able to form magnesium itself, that is why we introduce it into the body with food.
It is hard to find a process in which magnesium is not at least indirectly involved, since it serves as a structural part (proteins, nucleic acids) of bones and teeth.
4. Five signs of magnesium deficiency
- muscle spasms
- constant fatigue, lack of motivation for working and studying
- waking up at night
- bad mood and irritability
- eye twitches
5. What is the role of vitamin D in the organism?Vitamin D contributes to the normal function of the immune system of children and to normal blood calcium levels.
Experts have discovered that vitamin D-binding receptors are located in the cells of various tissues all over the body, and can also be found in most of the cells of the immune system. By binding to certain DNA sequences, vitamin D regulates the expression of genes which are important for the normal functioning of the immune system.
This is exactly why optimal quantities of vitamin D in the blood are extremely important for the normal function of the immune system.
Our body is able to produce vitamin D itself, under natural sunlight, mainly in the warmest part of the year. However, despite this most Slovenian do not achieve a sufficient level of vitamin D during summer months, and in the colder part of the year this figure increases to 80%. That is why it is important that vitamin D is added also in the form of a food supplement when there is a vitamin D deficiency in blood.
6. What is the role of vitamin K2 in the organism?
Vitamin K2 activates osteocalcin which calcium integrates into the bone, but also activates proteins that bind the excess calcium in order to prevent calcium from depositing in arteries.
The patented and clinically tested form of vitamin K2 (menaquinone-MK-7) is used in Junglemix junior, which is double protected and is the only stable form in products containing calcium and magnesium.
Vitamin K2 contributes to normal blood clotting and bone health. One of its most important functions is the activation of key proteins, which contribute to depositing, binding and transferring calcium in the bones.
In case of further questions: write to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us via Facebook and Instagram. Our team is here to help.
1 - Hlastan Ribič C., Pokorn D., Polipnik R., Kulnik D. Prehranski vnos slovenskih predšolskih otrok. Slovenska pediatrrija 2006; 13: 25-31.
2 - Bailey, D. A.: The Saskatchewan pediatric bone mineral accrual study: bone mineral acquisition during the growing years. International Journal of Sports Medicine, Vol 18, S191-S194,1997.
The recommended daily dose is one sachet for children over 3 years of age.
Instructions for use:
Pour the content of the sachet into a glass, add 100 ml of water, stir.
Consume before a meal.
- Magnesium may have a laxative effect. In this case, take half of the daily dose, reduce the intake.
- Do not exceed the recommended daily dose.
- Food supplements are not a substitute for a well-balanced and diverse diet.
- It is important to follow the guidelines for a healthy lifestyle.
- Keep out of reach of children! Store in a dark, dry place with temperature below 25°C.
|Content||Per recommended daily dose
(per 1 sachet = 8 g)
|Vitamin D||10 µg 400 IU||200|
|Vitamin K||20 µg||26.7|
|Vitamin C||40 mg||50|
|Vitamin A||400 µg||50|
|Vitamin E||6 mg||50|
|Vitamin B12||0.75 µg||30|
|Folic acid||100 µg||50|
|Vitamin B6||0.7 mg||50|
|Pantothenic acid||3 mg||50|
|Vitamin B2 (riboflavin)||0.7 mg||50|
|Vitamin B1 (thiamin)||0.55 mg||50|
*NRV = nutrient reference value